Not getting any responses to your online profile? More reasons why. … [Read More...]
If it’s been awhile since your last date, your tendency may be to run home on a Friday night with a pizza or pint of ice cream and lock yourself away for the weekend.
That’s okay for a while, but eventually you will meet someone. Instead of hibernating, keep up with the following:
• Check out DVD and theatrical movie releases. Make note of flicks you’re interested in, as well as those a potential date might want to see. Movies (both in the theater and at-home rentals) are still a popular date activity, so have a suggestion ready when planning your get-together.
• Pay attention to what’s going on in the world, as it can help with conversation lulls during a first or second date. The ability to respond intelligently to a topical issue will impress your date, and maybe even spark a common area of interest between the two of you.
• It isn’t a weight thing – taking part in regular workouts while you’re single will keep you healthy and feeling good. Some singles seem to put their health on hold until they have someone to stay in shape for. Forget that! Stay healthy for your own peace of mind.
• Practice the art of talking to others. Remember that giving good chat doesn’t include complaining about your job the entire time or talking about the latest celebrity divorce. Make a practice to engage in friendly exchanges with people as you wait in line at the grocery store or coffee place. Listen, as well as speak. If you find that folks seem bored with you when you mention the goings on in your life, try to figure out why. The art of the tête-à-tête is usually key to a great relationship.
• Keep up doing all your favorite activities, even if you don’t have someone to accompany you. If your favorite author comes to town, or that musical you’ve wanted to see arrives at the local performing arts center, wonder down and enjoy! In doing so you’ll be keeping up an active life that will satisfy you, thereby making you that much more attractive to the opposite sex.
Learn something new
• Take a class in French, learn how to cook, or teach yourself the ins and outs of car maintenance. People that learn new things consistently are vibrant and engaging, and present themselves as such. When you stimulate your brain you’ll see the world in a more positive light, thereby making you that much more eye-catching to other singles.
Keep up on how to date
• There is a definite art to courtship. It may have been a while since you’ve been “out there,” but you’ve got to keep up on how to handle yourself when you’re out with someone new. Remember, meeting new people is only one area of your life. When you do meet someone you’re interested in, brush up on dating etiquette, think of new date ideas, and balance your new relationship with other areas of your life. Don’t lose yourself in your latest flame or give up on all the other things in your life that made you happy while you wait for the phone to ring. Get out there and live! You’ll be more successful and will likely meet a better match for you if you do.