Not getting any responses to your online profile? More reasons why. … [Read More...]
If you’ve been struggling with relationships and can’t understand why you’re still single, you might benefit from hiring a dating coach. A dating coach can help you look at the approach you’ve taken to romance in a whole new way.
They can also help you identify past issues that are still holding you back when it comes to finding love.
Should You Hire a Dating Coach?
Only you can decide if working with a dating coach is the right next step for you. A dating coach might be a good idea if you:
- Can’t understand why you’re still single.
- Always fall into the same negative patterns when it comes to relationships.
- Fall in love easily and then are left confused when it doesn’t work out.
- Find it difficult to get close to someone.
A dating coach will help you get beyond the surface and look to the real reasons why you might be having a rough time finding love. If you’re wondering if you’re on the right path or if you need to change, a dating coach may be able to shed some light in a different way than your friends can.
What Does a Dating Coach Do?
A dating coach is different than a matchmaker. Where a matchmaker is focused on finding you someone special, a dating coach is interested in having you make a real connection. A dating coach will be centered on what you do on a date and how you follow up with someone. They’ll advise you on things like conversation techniques, your past dating mistakes and patterns, and even sometimes, intimacy issues.
Dating coaches get to know the real you and help you get out of your own way when it comes to finding love. While a dating coach is separate from a matchmaker, there are people who do both. They will work with you first on the reasons why you might be single, and coach you on the things you’re doing that are working against you. This might include:
- The way you dress for a date.
- Unresolved issues that exist from previous relationships.
- Preconceived notions about love that are keeping you from a real romance.
- Your expectations when you meet someone new.
- The things you talk about on a first date.
- The methods you use to meet people.
How to Work With a Dating Coach
In order to get the most out of your work with a dating coach, go in with an open mind. You know something doesn’t feel right about how you’ve dealt with romance in the past, and a dating coach will probably push you outside your comfort zones in some areas. For that reason, it’s important that you trust your dating coach and find someone you click with.
Before you hire a dating coach, ask:
- For a list of past clients you can talk to.
- What their philosophy is about love and romance in general.
- What their most popular methods are.
- Their idea of a success story. Does it involve marriage? A solid relationship?
How Can You Find a Dating Coach?
Dating coaches are located all over, and even if you aren’t physically located near one you can still connect using technology like Skype, email, and more. Some coaches work exclusively with a large dating site, so you can hire them as an additional cost to your membership. Others can be found through referrals or even an Internet search. Start with the terms “dating coach” and see who comes up in your area.