Not getting any responses to your online profile? More reasons why. … [Read More...]
Are guys breezing right past your online ad? Find out why.
You read some of the Internet profiles men put up and just shake your head. Before you judge, however, take a look at your essay and search criteria to see if you’re committing similar mistakes. If you aren’t getting the responses you desire, you may have a few red flags hidden in your phrasing.
You Say You Have “So Much Love to Give”
• Reason it’s a turn off: Men think you’re desperate.
• How to fix it: Focus on your personality rather than on your desire for a relationship. If you can show guys who you really are with your essay, they’ll naturally be intrigued to find out more.
Your Profile is Nondescript
• Reason it’s a turn off: Men will think you can’t make a decision. Translation: high-maintenance. Guys like to make plans and take women out, but a woman that doesn’t have her own interests really is unappealing. Furthermore, men like to have time to do their own thing, so if you give the impression that you can’t occupy yourself unless he’s around, he’ll move on to the next profile.
• How to fix it: It’s fine to want your profile to be open enough to attract a lot of different people, but keep in mind that just because you mention your love of horses, for example, it doesn’t mean every guy out there will assume you want to do nothing but ride. Be yourself, and describe things you like to do. Giving guys a sense of what you enjoy will further encourage them to ask you out.
Unreasonable Salary Range in your Search Criteria
• Reason it’s a turn off: Guys think you’ll only want them for their money.
• How to fix it: Women want stable relationships, which means the guy won’t flake out on her, put her in debt, and skip town leaving her with all the bills. It’s natural to think “income” when you’re filling out your profile information, but instead focus on the qualities of the guy you want. After all, if someone wasn’t rich but treated you well and made you happy, he’d be your dream man.
Talking About your Relationship Expectations
• Reason it’s a turn off: Even if a guy also wants a serious partnership, he’ll think you’re too demanding and will judge him constantly.
• How to fix it: Online dating is deceptive in that it can give folks the impression they know each other just because they’ve emailed. Truth is, you don’t know someone until you take the time to get to know him. Instead of writing about a future relationship, write about yourself. That way you’ll attract the right guy for you, and the rest will follow.