Not getting any responses to your online profile? More reasons why. … [Read More...]
Not getting any responses to your online profile? More reasons why.
If you’re thinking that there’s a lack of women online just because you aren’t hearing from them, think again. Chances are your profile might be turning women off, instead of on. See if you’ve committed one of these profile faux pas.
You Say You Want a Woman Who Takes Care of Herself
• Reason it’s a turn off: It makes women think you are only looking for thin women and therefore shallow. The problem is, men and women view their bodies differently. So even if a woman is in shape, she’ll be turned off by this and think the guy will constantly hound her about weight.
• How to fix it: Unless your abs are ripped like a marathoner, leave this phrasing off completely. Moreover, take a good hard look at your own body before you judge anyone else’s.
You Mention Backrubs or Lingerie
• Reason it’s a turn off: These are things that turn guys on, not women. Wording like this gives women the impression you’re only after sex.
• How to fix it: Get woman attracted to you by showing your personality. Talk about your hobbies and what you find intriguing about them. Anytime someone talks about things that interest them they automatically become more interesting.
You Say You’d Like a Woman with Her own Interests
• Reason it’s a turn off: This translates to “I want you when I want you, but then leave me alone.” Maybe this is how you see a relationship, but you’re not going to attract any women that way. By saying this you’re telling women you aren’t ready for a real relationship.
• How to fix it: You have to be emotionally ready to get involved with someone before you put up a profile, and if you aren’t do some life inventory. Real relationships are give and take, and if you’re only looking for someone on those Saturday nights when you’re bored, perhaps online dating isn’t the right option for you.
Your Search Criteria Age Range Starts at 18 and Ends a Year Less than your Age
• Reason it’s a turn off: If a guy dates inappropriately younger women, it means he’s got something to prove, or worse, doesn’t have respect for the opposite sex.
• How to fix it: Be realistic in the search criteria you use. After all, do you really want to date someone a generation younger than you? Moreover, will she want to date you? Avoid embarrassing yourself by making your desired age range appropriate.
Your Profile is Riddled with Spelling Errors
• Reason it’s a turn off: Women will think you’re not very bright.
• How to fix it: Proofread! It’s more than that, however. Anytime you mention something and then contradict yourself, either by the emails you send or the words you use on your profile, it will give women an impression. Think about your profile before you put it up. Spell check. Have a female friend view it and give her honest impression. If necessary, get professional help in writing your ad. It could make all the difference.